To obtain a U.S. Passport you must provide the following:
For a New Application
(Click here for US Dept. of State Passport Application & Information)
- You must submit a completed application to the Register of Deeds Office.
DO NOT sign the application until in the presence of a Register of Deeds employee.
- Certified birth certificate or original naturalization and a copy of the front and back of that certificate or a previous passport if over age 16.
- Valid Identification (Michigan Driver's License) and a copy of the front and back of your drivers.
- A 2 x 2 inch passport photo on a plain white background.
Photos are available through the Clerk's Office for a $12.00 fee.
- For circumstances requiring additional privacy please contact (989) 314-4090 for an appointment.