Page 3 of 5
Instructions for Dog License Application
- If you have had your dog re-vaccinated against rabies or have had your dog surgically sterilized since you purchased your last dog license, you must show proof of this.
- If you apply by mail, please enclose any required information (rabies vaccination), a self-addressed stamped envelope, and a check or money order payable to the agency issuing the dog license.
- If your dog is deceased or if you no longer have the dog, please notify the Isabella County Animal Shelter.
- We now offer a multiple year dog license. To purchase a 2 or 3 year license, the rabies vaccination must be valid through March 1st for the year you are purchasing.
- If you have a license from another county, it can be transferred for $3.00 with proof of a valid rabies vaccination and the license for the current year from the other county.
- If you are from out of state and are a new resident in Isabella County, the license would be $10.00 or $20.00 with proof of a valid rabies vaccination and the current license from the other state.