Landlord / Tenant Disputes

  • Print

Information regarding Landlord and Tenants rights may be obtained by the following:

  • There is a Self-Help Section located on the Michigan State Court's Website which will take you through the proper steps to process a Landlord-Tenant case in District Court. This site includes all the necessary forms for this procedure.
    A booklet titled "A Practical Guide for Tenants and Landlords" may be obtained by contacting the office of State Representative, Kevin Cotter, for the 99th District, at (517) 373-1789

    The Michigan Legislature's website has information for Tenants and Landlords. Visit their site at (click on publications and scroll down to Tenant and Landlord)

    For further information, contact the Civil Division Coordinator, at (989) 317-4219.