Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Landlord / Tenant Disputes

Information regarding Landlord and Tenants rights may be obtained by the following:

  • There is a Self-Help Section located on the Michigan State Court's Website which will take you through the proper steps to process a Landlord-Tenant case in District Court. This site includes all the necessary forms for this procedure.
    A booklet titled "A Practical Guide for Tenants and Landlords" may be obtained by contacting the office of State Representative, Kevin Cotter, for the 99th District, at (517) 373-1789

    The Michigan Legislature's website has information for Tenants and Landlords. Visit their site at http://www.mileg.org (click on publications and scroll down to Tenant and Landlord)

    For further information, contact the Civil Division Coordinator, at (989) 317-4219.